SWEET POTATO SNOWCLOUDS
Let’s turn this hot-potato into a breezy, fluffy cloud of yumminess!
Serves: 1 - 2
Time: 25 minutes, depending on age and skill
Tools: Fork, Spoon, Cutting Board, Knife, Oven Mitts, Bowl, Microwave
1. Looks like that potato could use a shower! Rinse it in the sink and dry.
2. Poke holes in the potato with a fork. 3 pokes on each side should do the trick.
3. Pop it in the microwave for about 8 minutes, or until tender.
4. Hot potato! Have an adult take the potato out using an oven mitt and cut it in half. Ooooooh...steamy!
5. Put on oven mitts and use a spoon to scoop the insides of the potato into a large bowl. Add in the butter and milk.
6. Mash and mix, mash and mix! Keep going until smooth.
MURPLE EXPLORER PRO TIP: Be an expert masher! Tilt the bowl slightly and use the round, back-side of a fork to press the potato into the sides of the bowl.
7. Pile scoops into fluffy clouds on a plate. Sprinkle 2 - 3 shakes of cinnamon and drizzle with 1 - 2 seconds of honey or syrup. Sweeeeeet.
1 sweet potato
1/4 cup of milk
1 tablespoon of butter
Honey or maple syrup
Let the Murples teach you how to make this recipe in comic form in your own adorable Snowfalls Story Cookbook!
SHARE YOUR CREATION!
Post a photo of your delicious creation on social media and tag @planetmurple, #planetmurple.
Let us know how it tasted and feel empowered to add your own spin to the recipe!